Geodis Ireland are delighted to once more partake in the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship Programme for Sept 2022.
We truly believe this type of programme will provide Geodis with a valuable succession planning pipeline both for the current and future needs of our business in Ireland. As a company we are guided by our 7 Principles of leadership and our 7 Golden rules one of which is to ‘Recruit, Develop and Retain Quality People’.
Our commitment to this programme is an opportunity for you to grow your career using the programmes ‘learn and earn’ approach in one of the leading global supply chain companies and recognised by IIP (Investors In People Accreditation). You will be joining a company with a local entrepreneurial environment in addition to its global network, training platforms and opportunities at hand from the group.
We are looking for passionate and innovative candidates who enjoy learning and contributing their ideas to their team and the workplace.
If you meet the criteria of the LAA programme ( Visit https://www.laa.ie/apprentice for more information) please contact with your CV and cover letter to: (HR Manager)
Start Date: In line with dates of the LAA Programme dates.
Learning Outcome: While in College (TU Dublin, City Campus) (possibly virtually) one day a week, we will support the programmes ‘earn and learn ‘ approach.
To support the learning outcome when A Logistics Associate Apprentice with Geodis Ireland we will look to place you between 1- 2 areas of our business including the following:
- Network Management Centre (NMC is our hub for cross border e-commerce)
- Overseas Department (Air/ Sea Freight)
- Customs & Foreign trade (C&FT)
- Road Freight
- Logistics/ Warehousing.
You will have a mentor assigned who will work with you on a personalised individual training plan to put some of the knowledge learned on the course into practice.
Examples of Responsibilities may include:
• Manage an array of partners to fulfil on ecommerce orders from around the world.
• Liaising with Airlines, hauliers, brokerage and operations teams around the world.
• Reporting on all consolidated movements, undeliverable items, customs holds/ queries & abandoned or lost items.
• Data entry and job processing onto our transport planning system
• Booking and updating jobs and preparing for invoicing
• Build a strong relationship internally with other departments within the group and externally with customers and suppliers.
• Ensuring excellent and timely delivery service
• Communicating with customers on a daily basis both by email and phone
• Update of all systems in a timely manner and with high attention to detail
• Day to day Export and Import Operations across Air Sea, Courier, Road shipments
• Liaison and developing good relationships with our suppliers, customers and international partners
• Creation of Jobs using our Logistics software package including the completion of accounting procedures
• Booking collections and deliveries via third party transport providers
• Providing timely and accurate quotations to our current and potential customers and partners
• Customs formalities for both Exports and Imports
• To provide excellent customer service to all existing and potential customers.
• Manage customer activities closely while in transit (cross trade business)
• Track-trace shipments-collection and delivery times
• Customer order booking
• Dealing with incoming correspondence
• Leasing with customs when required
• Dealing with telephone queries
• Dealing with haulers, airlines and shipping lines
• Project work when required
• Management of KPIs and daily reports for both internal management team and customers
• Involvement in continuous improvement initiatives
• Involvement in establishing and maintaining SOPs
• Producing Advice of Deliveries, Manifests and other relevant documentation
• Keeping all filing up to date
• General Administrative Duties within the Department
• Liaising with Warehouse staff and Management on a daily basis.
• Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary
• Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to multi-task and support multiple priorities
• Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle multiple clients and multiple team members with confidence.
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Year 1: €23,000
Year 2: €26,000