Portenu Ltd are an Irish Customs agents – is a sister company of Irish Shipping & Transport with offices based in Dublin 17. When the UK voted to leave the European Union the demand for qualified experienced customs agents resulted in the opening of Irish Customs Agents. Due to the experience and vast knowledge this company has grown and is now positioned as one of the top customs companies in Ireland.
For more information visit our website: https://www.irish-shipping.com/
Position: Customs clearance agent Apprentice
In this position, the apprentice will learn about all aspects of customs clearance, international trade, and customs compliance. This is an extremely interesting role and would suit someone with a keen interest in learning about International Trade – the EU single market and Brexit.
The mentor in this position will be fully compliant with 15 years + of experience
Skills needed for this position:
- Good analytical capabilities – problems occur on customs – you will be shown how to rectify them and taught how to read documents correctly
- Attention to detail – knowing what to look out for Lateral / Critical thinking for a professional approach
- MS office is a must – although full training will be given on the customs system – good keyboard skills are required and MS office compliant
- Good team player
Working week: Monday – Friday (1 day for college TU Dublin City Campus)
Hours are either: 9.30 – 6 pm or 8.30 am – 5 pm
Applicant must meet one of the LAA programme entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)