Job Title: Logistics Apprentice
Company: Maher Haulage
The Role: Maher Haulage are now recruiting a logistics apprentice under the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship programme for the academic term commencing September 2023. The suitable candidate will support our existing transport management team, working to ensure the best service for our customers while ensuring compliance for our drivers with regards to health and safety and driver legislation.
Location: Based at our offices at Grange, Roscrea , Co. Tipperary
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning workload effectively and communicating work to drivers in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assisting in the management of delivery times and route planning throughout Ireland.
- Assist with management of equipment availability.
- Assist with scheduling of equipment maintenance.
- Manage workload through our in-house system.
- Assist in every way to optimise utilisation of company resources.
- Strive to always meet/exceed customer expectation.
- Trouble shooting, problem prevention and resolving.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required from time to time by Management.
Skills and Experiences:
- Team player.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
Applicant must meet one of the LAA programme entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Application Contact: Interested candidates should send their applications by email to