WHAT IS IRISH FERRIES FREIGHT?
The Ferries Division operates multipurpose ferry services carrying both passengers and RoRo freight on strategic short sea routes between Ireland and Britain, Britain, and France and direct ferry services between Ireland and France.
Irish Ferries Freight is the commercial business unit of Irish Ferries, a division of Irish Continental Group plc.
Our dual-purpose cruise ferries also offer RoRo freight services for both accompanied and trailer-only units on our served routes. Irish Ferries freight services are an integral element of Ireland’s international logistics chain, transporting 290,000 freight units in 2021.
THE COMMERCIAL TEAM
We are a small team of business and logistics specialists who work hard at developing strong professional relationships with each and every one of our customers. We believe that to develop these relationships we must listen to what our customers are saying, we must take time to understand their business and we must provide bespoke shipping solutions. And we must do this every time.
The commercial team at Irish Ferries Freight are very driven, have a solid work ethic, are focused on and committed to strong partnership relationships. We believe in honesty and integrity in all of our commercial exchanges.
Freight is a priority business for Irish Ferries and is evidenced by continual investment in vessels, schedules technology, facilities and people. We understand the importance of the freight markets. We respect the transport and logistics industry. And we believe that attitude is key.
For further details, you can visit our site at www.irishferriesfreight.com
Qualification’s / Experience:
Applicants must meet the educational criteria for Logistics Associate Apprentices. Details are available from https://www.laa.ie/apprentices/
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- Candidates who are genuinely interested in working and learning with us.
- Dedicated to the role on offer
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good team player
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Highly organised, driven, with good time management skills and a logical approach, ability to prioritise workload, with excellent attention to detail
- Be innovative in your approach to work and possess the ability to network effectively
Only applicants available for interview in early August and to commence employment in September 2022 should apply to with an up-to-date CV.