Position: Apprentice Forwarder – Sales Department
Apprenticeship: Logistics Associate Apprenticeship
Allmed, based in Thomastown, Co.Kilkenny , are one of the leading Freight Forwarding companies in Ireland. We offer regular groupage, part and full load services to and from Europe, utilising both Trailer and Intermodal services. We are now seeking to employ an Apprentice Forwarder to work in our busy Operations Department.
The job is for a full time Apprentice Forwarder, based in our offices in Thomastown and comprising of 1-day release to MTU Cork during regular college semesters.
Your duties will include:
- Develop new sales opportunities through inbound quotation request follow-up and outbound calls and emails
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Work with existing customers to identify new opportunities, close sales and achieve targets
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Preparing quotations for customers
- Communicating with your colleagues in other Departments.
Applicant must meet one of the LAA programme entry criteria:
• H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
• Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
• Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Salary: To be agreed.
Language: A second language would be beneficial but not necessary.
Application Contact: Michelle Walshe