• Cork city
• 37.5 working hours
• Mon – Fri, 9am to 5:30pm
• One day paid in college (MTU Cork)
The main purpose of the job/apprenticeship:
Ronayne Shipping offers the successful candidate the opportunity to learn and understand a broad spectrum of the shipping business. Our office, located in Cork city offers services agency, crewing, stevedoring, warehousing, freight forwarding, and liner freight.
Using the knowledge gained through your studies and on-site work experience, we hope you will use this to become an integral part of Ronayne Shipping’s growing operation.
You will be given training and support to enable you to be fully proficient in the below:
- Creating customer bookings in line with system requirements.
- Building & developing relationships with key contacts.
- Monitoring bookings and transit times to ensure our customers are always kept up to date on all shipments.
- Effective resolution of all operational problems/invoice queries in house.
- Effective communications with vessel partners to ensure efficient running of all bookings.
- Customer notification and coordination of problem-solving – we always offer a solution to the problem, when advising customers of a problem.
- Ensure expected high level of customer service levels are always maintained
- Issuing quotations, to existing & potential new customers.
- Checking, processing & passing of supplier invoices.
- General administrative duties as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent Problem Solving, Planning and Organising skills
- Excellent Communication/telephone skills
- Strong administrative and customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Earn whilst you Learn – You will be paid a competitive salary whilst receiving mentorship from our professional and experienced existing work force.
- Become part of a company that invests in you. Ronayne Shipping value personal growth for each member of our staff, should you show further desire to grow and continue study we will support you where possible.
Applicant must meet one of the LAA programme entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc)
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Please apply quoting the job title along with an updated CV before Rob Doolan –