Job Title: Multi Modal Import/ Export Coordinator – Apprentice [International Freight Forwarding Operations]
Company: Bolloré Logistics
The Role: Bolloré Logistics are now recruiting a logistics apprentice under the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship programme for the academic term commencing September 2023. The role involves supporting the clients with import and export shipments across a variety of transport modes while ensuring excellent customer service.
Location: Santry, Dublin.
- An understanding of multimodal international transportation
- Interact directly with customers either by telephone or email
- Obtain and evaluate relevant information to handle shipment enquiries
- Ensure customer SOPs are followed
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Handling of general administrative tasks
- Create a positive relationship with customers and ensuring the interaction the customer has with the business is an efficient satisfying experience
- Verify that all documentation adheres to import-export policies and laws
- Track shipments and communicate with clients about the package’s progress
- Coordinate shipping with customs agents for clearance on overseas deliveries
- Complete export documentation, compile carrier and route assignments, compute international fees for each shipment, and keep track of shipment payments
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Complete bookings for all modes
- Accurately complete customs entries
- Obtain flight/ sailing details
- Preparation of all related documents
- Post flights / shipped on board
- Tracking of shipment milestones and reporting status to clients
- Preparation of customer KPI reports
- Completion of invoicing
- Ensuring Data Quality entries are updated
- Invoice queries resolutions
- Complete purchase matching of supplier invoicing
- Report on shipment file cost variances
- Arrange and complete cross trade bookings
- Any other delegated tasks deemed as reasonable as assigned by the reporting manager
Skills and Experiences:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good Communication and Customer Service skills are essential
- Friendly, calm and professional manner
- Ability to handle pressure and good time-management
- Ability to adapt to change and work effectively as part of a team
- Knowledge of current rates and service options, Air, Road and Ocean
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Flexible working hours may be required during busy periods
- Experience of Cargowise preferred
Rules and Regulations:
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the departmental and company procedure manual.
- Ensure that I understand the Rules and Regulations of all statutory bodies
- Ensure that the Bolloré Logistics Principals are adhered to.
Applicant must meet one of the LAA programme entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Application Contact: If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and CV to the company’s Country Manager Simon Legg at