Virginia International Logistics is looking to recruit a Traffic Planner apprentice under the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship programme for the academic term beginning September 2022.
Virginia International Logistics is a family-owned business located in Maghera, Virginia, Co. Cavan, Kells, Co. Meath, Ballycoolin, Co. Dublin, Ireland and Tamworth UK with 40 years’ experience in Temperature Controlled, Dry Freight, and Containerized Transport.
Virginia International Logistics currently offer Groupage, Part and Full-Load services within a variety of industries including Foods (FMCG), Electronics, Pharma, and Manufacturing.
Virginia International Logistics strive towards providing a quality focused transport and logistics solution to our customers which can be seen by our ISO 9001:2015, GDP, and Border Control accreditations.
Based at our offices in Maghera, Virginia, Co. Cavan the suitable candidate will support our existing traffic team, working to ensure the best service for our customers while ensuring compliance for our drivers with regards to health and safety and driver legislation.
- Assist in planning workload effectively and communicating work to drivers in an accurate and timely manner
- Assisting in the management of delivery times and route planning throughout Ireland, UK, and Europe
- Manage workload through our in-house system Stratum
- Assist with scheduling of transporters for service/maintenance checks
- Any other ad hoc duties as required from time to time by Management
Applicant must meet one of the LAA programme entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Interested candidates should send their applications by email to