We invite applications to join our team based at our port operations offices in Dublin and Cork as Logistics Associate Apprentices (LAA).
The position is available with expected commencement date in July 2022 for placements from TU Dublin (2) and MTU Cork (1)
Who we are:
Eucon was established in 1969 and is a sister company to Irish Ferries Ltd. Since its inception we have grown significantly. Eucon carries over 31% of all laden containers moving to and from Ireland using lift on/lift off services. Eucon is owned by Irish Continental Group plc which is Ireland’s largest indigenous shipping group.
We are the market leader in door to door and quay to quay container transportation to and from Ireland and the European Mainland. It is the largest container service in and out of Ireland and offers the most comprehensive port coverage and frequency of sailings in the short sea business.
Eucon is listed as part of the Container & Terminals division which compromises of:
- Eucon Shipping & Transport Ltd.
- Dublin Ferryport Terminal Ltd.
- Belfast Container Terminal Ltd. With significant investment annually ICG plc have to date financed over €43 million in the Container & Terminal Division since 1996.
For further details you may visit our site at https://www.eucon.nl/
Only applicants available for interview and to commence employment during July 2022 should apply.
Qualification’s / Experience:
Applicants must meet the educational criteria for Logistics Associate Apprentices. Details are available from https://www.laa.ie/apprentices/
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- Candidates who are genuinely interested in working and learning with us.
- Dedicated to the role on offer
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good team player
- Fluency in both written and verbal English
Written applications with accompanying CV should be addressed to to be received not later than Friday June 10th, 2022