Title: Logistics Associate Apprenticeship
Reports to: Transport Manager – Ireland
Greenergy is a multi-national fuel, service station and renewables supply company. Its core business in Ireland is the importation, distribution and sale of fuel and convenience products in Ireland. These products are sold to a wide range of customer channels, including industrial, commercial, agricultural, domestic, wholesale and forecourt retail. Greenergy acquired Inver Energy in 2017 and acquired Amber Petroleum in 2021. The company has a network of over 125 branded forecourts operating under the Inver and Amber brands. The company also has two home heating oil depots in Acres Fermoy and Horse and Jockey.
Amber Petroleum Ltd part of the Greenergy Group is delighted to support the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship (LAA). This 2-year programme is suited to those who want to pursue a career in logistics and want to learn about the wider aspects of the field.
As part of the apprenticeship, apprentices will attend lectures 1 day a week held in a blended format online and in class at MTU Cork campus, with the remaining 4 days embedded in our transportation department.
All apprentices will be assigned a workplace mentor who will guide the apprentice through their journey. Mentors are experienced Transport professionals with valuable industry experience, who will also be trained by the university to carry out this important role.
During the programme, you will gain first-hand experience of the fast-paced fuel industry, as well as being an active member of both the Transport and Warehouse operations teams.
Upon successful completion, you will achieve a Higher Certificate in Logistics (NFQ level 6).
• Full-time Salary
• Performance Bonus
• Paid Holiday Leave
• Fuel Card Offering Employee Rates
• Home Heating Oil Offering Employee Rates (Selected Locations)
• Death & Disability Cover
• Income Protection/Critical Illness
• Cycle To Work
• Discount App
• Learning Hub
• Professional Development Assistance
• Free Staff Parking
Applicants must meet the educational criteria for the LAA programme entry criteria:
• H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics
• Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g., business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc.)
• Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Applications in writing or by email enclosing a CV to: and