Job Title: Logistics Associate Apprentice
Contract Type: Full Time – Fixed Term – 40 hours per week
Location: Watergrasshill, Ballymahon or Athleague
Course Location: TU Dublin & MTU Cork
Salary: €22,000 with a potential increase of up to €2,000 at the start of Year 2
Program Starts: September 2023 but we will look to hire in advance
About Kepak: Kepak Group is an Irish company and one of Europe’s leading meat processors. Kepak have a portfolio of market leading brands including Rustlers, Big Al’s, John Stone, Stript Snacks and Celtic Beef. At Kepak, our ambition to grow as a business is equalled only by our ambition to grow the careers and personal satisfaction of our people.
Kepak is one of Ireland’s leading meat companies and we have some exciting opportunities for people looking to kick start their careers in Logistics and our wider Supply Chain. We need to get our amazing products onto the shelves for consumers as quickly as possible to enjoy, and our Supply Chain allows that to happen.
Kepak are looking to recruit Logistics Apprentices to join the logistics teams at our production facilities around the country (Watergrasshill, Clonee, Ballymahon & Athleague). You will be supported by a Mentor who will help and guide you through your apprenticeship and achieving your qualification.
Apprentices enter a contract of 2 years duration where they will work with Kepak and spend one day a week with TU Dublin or Munster Technological University (MTU) for their academic studies under the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship (www.laa.ie) programme. Completion of this programme will lead to a Level 6 Award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
For Apprentices, this programme is the perfect entry point into the Logistics industry, through a structured Third Level apprenticeship programme and on-the-job training. As an apprentice, you earn while you learn – Kepak pays you a salary while you are being trained.
Kepak are seeking reliable and hardworking individuals to join an industry leader that provides opportunities for training and progression to the right candidates. If you love working as part of a team and want the chance to help us innovate our supply chain then this is the apprenticeship for you.
The successful candidate will:
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and competence to carry out the core tasks/responsibilities within the warehousing, freight forwarding, transport and logistics sector in order to support the business needs and develop skills to prepare for future career opportunities.
- Learn how the key logistics roles of a large manufacturing facility & group operate. This will include warehousing, transport, dispatch & stock control.
- Gain a full understanding of all relevant roles and processes on the dispatch floor & in the shipping office through hands-on training
- Learn how reporting & metrics are critical for the efficient operation of a business
- Give themselves a great foundation for a successful career in an interesting, fast-paced environment
- Gain managerial experience by shadowing our senior staff with a view to progressing a career in Kepak post-apprenticeship
- Excellent organisation skills and time management
- Enthusiastic attitude, willing to take responsibility
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Good IT Skills
- Flexible in approach to working styles, shifts and roles
- Eligibility to work in the Republic of Ireland for the full duration of the placement
- Must be fluent in English
Applicant must meet one of the LAA programme entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
We have a structured apprentice programme driven by a learner journey that supports your development by showing clear development milestones, that your manager and mentor will support you in achieving. We offer excellent career progression opportunities upon successful completion of the program and a professional environment where you can acquire, use and continue developing your skills.
We want our apprentices to build their careers with us upon successful completion of the program; contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business; and give them the opportunity to be a part of an organisation that makes a contribution to society as well as to the world of logistics.
- Salary increase after year 1
- Employee benefits platform
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Subsidised canteen
- Free parking
- Cash sales available on company produce
- Flexibility of holiday planning
- Fix term contract
Application Contact: You can apply for the apprenticeship at Kepak by sending your CV and cover letter to