Job Title: Logistics Associate Apprentice
Location: Limerick, Ireland
Department: Vision Care
At Vision Care, everyone is committed to making a difference in people’s lives and to pushing the boundaries of what science and innovation can achieve. The values that guide our decision-making are spelled out in Our Credo. Put simply, Our Credo challenges us to put the needs and well-being of the people we serve first, our patients, doctors and nurses, our employees, our communities and our partners. Together with our colleagues all over the world, all with a heart for the patient, we strive for a future in which disease is a thing of the past.
To support the running and maintenance of a high-volume logistics operation.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Support the coordination of the shipment of Finished Goods from the Distribution Center to circa 21 Affiliate destinations.
- Support the allocation of daily workload and task allocation based on workload reports and daily priorities, ensuring focus on daily activity and projects, visitors or audits as applicable to the business.
- Ensure all shipment paperwork is completed in an accurate and timely manner to support the shipment of orders.
- Support daily interaction with all distribution centers with the aim to ensure accurate fulfillment of customer demands.
- Support inventory usage for affiliate orders within Vision Care, Vision Care Combination product and 3PL warehouses.
- Taking part in new product introduction projects.
- Support investigation of stock/shipment discrepancies, damages, and reports.
- Tracking of the goods transportation through the lane, from start to finish.
- All employees should demonstrate ownership of their own and their colleagues (incl. 3rd parties) Health and Safety in the facility.
- All employees are responsible for engaging with Johnson & Johnson Environmental practices.
- Maintain a Credo & Behavioral Standards-based culture within the group.
- Organizing and ensuring all the daily shipments are picked up / dispatched on time from Vision Care.
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Innovative approach to work
Security Measures: Persons being recruited into Warehouse roles shall have successfully completed a background check which will establish no criminal conviction.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and a broad culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in Limerick are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!