MEDITE SMARTPLY define the standards of engineered wood panels.
We deliver exceptionally engineered products, outstanding sustainability credentials, unrivalled innovation, and industry leading customer service. Our manufacturing sites in Clonmel (MEDITE) and Waterford (SMARTPLY) feature the latest production technology. As part of the Coillte Group, we pride ourselves on our sustainable supply chain and manufacturing processes, meaning our products are as environmentally conscious in their make up as they are in their application.
We invite applications for the position of: Logistics Associate Apprenticeship (1 for each of the above manufacturing sites)
Apprentices are employed for a period of two years with academic study (1 day per week in MTU Cork) forming part of this programme. Experience is gained by working on the job ensuring that the Apprentices receive the correct preparation for positioning themselves for their future careers. Workplace Mentors will be assigned who will guide the Apprentice through their journey on this programme.
- Candidates who are genuinely interested in working and learning with us.
- Dedicated to the role on offer
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good team player
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Highly organised, driven, with good time management skills and a logical approach, ability
- to prioritise workload, with excellent attention to detail
- Be innovative in your approach to work and possess the ability to network effectively
Applicants must meet the educational criteria for the LAA programme entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g., business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc.)
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Applications in writing or by email enclosing a CV to:
The HR Department, MEDITE SMARTPLY, Belview, Slieverue, via Waterford, X91 PX75 or indicating your preferred manufacturing site (Waterford or Clonmel).
Closing date for applications Friday, 8th July 2022.
You must be able to start employment before the end of August to start the apprenticeship.