Maersk, a global leader in container trade and logistics, is seeking the Customer Experience Apprentice for its offices in Dublin 15.
Working with us:
Join us as we strive to become true pioneers in global trade. Together we’ll collaborate across continents, achieve great things and create a better tomorrow in a workplace where everyone can feel at home. Find out more about working and growing with us, our values, culture and benefits at https://www.maersk.com/about
Role reports to: Customer Experience Manager
Location of Role: Dublin 15
Description of Role:
• To deliver a 1st class level of customer service to our clients, professionally and efficiently at all times and in accordance with documented procedures
• To liaise with other key parties including third party suppliers and other Damco offices around the world
• To continuously innovate and look for new ways to improve the service we provide to our customers and increase business efficiency
• To work in close liaison with the commercial client owners to ensure all parties are aligned regarding the service delivery expected and delivered
• In conjunction with the Customer Experience Client Lead develop and maintain the Standard Operating Procedures for each client, and constantly review for potential improvements
• To ensure that all sales invoices are raised in an accurate and timely fashion in line with the company policy and client requirements
• Ensure all supplier purchase invoices received are processed within the guidelines stated in the quality procedures
• To ensure each shipment generates the maximum contribution to Maersk by keeping a constant focus on meeting the required service level at the lowest possible cost
• To constantly review working processes with the aim of making improvements and ensure all key work processes are documented correctly in the intranet.
• To produce internal and external reports and statistics as required including client KPI reporting
• To monitor the performance of third party suppliers with the aim of identifying areas for improvement
• Support the client in problem solving by building an in depth understanding of their business and the problems that impact on it, reacting in a manner which improves the outcome from the client’s perspective
• Proactively identify challenges within the clients supply chain process which we manage and suggest possible solutions to optimize the process
• Together with the Client Lead drive supply chain projects planning for the client where agreed
• Represent Maersk to the client in a positive “can do” manner. If specific requests cannot be accommodated identify alternative solutions providing a similar result and present these to the client as a possible solution
Key Success Indicators:
• Customer satisfaction as indicated by KPI’s, Customer Satisfaction Survey (CSS) & other feedback mechanisms
• Your ability to meet deadlines
• Your ability to develop new, more efficient working practices
• The timeliness and accuracy of sales invoicing for your client(s) and timely passing of supplier invoices.
• The outcome of quality audits
• Your ability to reach other goals set by the Customer Experience Manager together with the Customer Experience Client Lead.
• Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Outlook
• A good telephone manner
• Strong Customer Service mindset and approach
Apprentices must be at least 18 years of age and meet one of the following LAA programme entry criteria:
• H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
• Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc)
• Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Apply by sending your CV directly to Talent Acquisition Deployment Partner Sarah Morledge at: