Company: Enfield Hire
Location: Enfield, Co. Meath
Job Title: Apprentice Hire Controller (Logistics Apprenticeship)
As an Apprentice Hire Controller, you will play a vital role in delivering efficient and professional customer service within the logistics operations of Enfield Hire & Sales. Reporting to the Operations Director, you will receive customer calls, handle inquiries, schedule deliveries and collections, and maintain strong relationships with customers. This apprenticeship provides an opportunity to gain practical on-the-job training, work towards a Level 6 qualification, and develop essential skills in the hire and logistics industry.
• Receive customer calls and provide efficient and professional assistance, addressing inquiries and requests promptly.
• Schedule deliveries and collections, working collaboratively with the logistics team to ensure on-time service.
• Support field sales representatives in building and maintaining profitable customer relationships.
• Working with the workshop team to ensure plant and vehicles are prepared as required to meet customer expectations.
• Ensuring that all transactions and interactions are documented, filed, and are traceable as required.
• Applying the business processes rigidly and efficiently to ensure proper invoicing, cost management etc.
• Follow health & safety guidelines and regulations at all times
• Work effectively and cooperatively with management, sales, logistics, and operational team.
• Demonstrate a strong focus on customer satisfaction, aiming to exceed customer expectations.
• Enthusiasm and energy for delivering excellent customer service.
• An interest in the construction industry as well as tools and equipment is advantageous.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to handle customer inquiries and resolve issues effectively.
• Customer-centric mindset with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and building positive relationships.
• Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in relevant software and systems.
• Organized with exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to work well as part of a team.
Applicant must meet one of the LAA program entry criteria:
• H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics
• Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics, and distribution, supply chain management, etc)
• Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
If you are interested in joining Enfield Hire & Sales as an Apprentice Hire Controller and embarking on a Logistics Apprenticeship, please email
Our team will review your application and be in touch regarding the next steps.