Dawn Meats: https://www.dawnmeats.com/
Locations: Charleville, Co. Cork / Grannagh, Co. Waterford / Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo.
Reporting to: Transport Manager
Job Title: Logistics/Transport Apprentice
About Dawn Meats:
Dawn Meats is one of Europe’s leading food companies; suppliers of choice to a range of leading local, national and international supermarket, foodservice and manufacturing businesses exporting to over 50 countries worldwide.
Dawn Meats have several opportunities for Logistics/Transport Apprentices to join the teams at our production facilities in:
• Charleville, Co. Cork
• Grannagh, Co. Waterford
• Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo
We are seeking reliable and hardworking individuals to join an industry leader that provides opportunities for training and progression to the right candidates.
These are excellent opportunities for the right candidates to develop a career in the logistics and supply chain sector through a structured Third Level apprenticeship programme and on the job training. The candidates will have the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification while engaging in paid employment at the same time.
The successful candidate will be based at one of our production facilities and will:
• Develop productive working relationships with relevant stakeholders and departments within the business – this will include Commercial, Operations and Accounts – in order to ensure that the output and delivery of products are as per customer specifications;
• Assist with the daily planning of movement of goods throughout Ireland and Europe;
• Liaise with transport companies and our other sites across the Group to create a good working relationship;
• Gain a full understanding of all relevant roles and processes on the production floor through hands-on training;
• Assist the Site transport manager where necessary and act as cover for Annual Leave etc;
• Work with Site transport manager to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
Skills & Attributes:
• Excellent organisation skills and time management;
• Ability to take ownership of queries/issues, bringing them to a successful conclusion;
• Enthusiastic attitude to the challenge of the role with a positive can-do approach to tasks.
• Ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision;
• Candidate must be able to work with others in cross-functional role & environment;
• Good IT Skills.
Applicant must meet one of the LAA programme entry criteria:
• H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics
• Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics, and distribution, supply chain management, etc)
• Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV and Cover Letter to