Irish Shipping & Transport is a diverse international Freight Forwarding company. Offering a complete service Road – Sea and Air which we run directly from our own depots based in Dublin 17. Our Global logistics networks has made us what we are today, a specialist for customers and their individual requirements.
For more information visit our website: https://www.irish-shipping.com/
Position: Freight International Forwarder Apprentice
In this position, the apprentice will be mentored by senior Deep Sea staff who have in excess of 20 years of experience. The person will be shown how to deal with overseas agents, learn how to price the movement of cargo from various destinations Far East – Australia – USA – Africa – India.
They will gain the knowledge and experience to run LCL consolidation services – both Import and Export. This apprenticeship position is highly recognised and interesting as it covers such a wide range of subjects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Data Entry of jobs – learning about various International shipping requirements – documents.
- Preparing Invoices for shipments and dealing with clients – overseas agents.
- Dealing with Hauliers – domestically and internationally arranging deliveries and collections
- Providing back up to senior staff
Skills needed for this position:
- The ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised
- The Ability to be aware of changing situations and to adapt when needed
- Practise good communication skills/problem solving/ analytical capabilities
- MS office experience is a must
Working week: Mon – Friday (1 day for college TU Dublin City Campus) hours 9 am – 5.30 pm
Applicant must meet one of the LAA programme entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)