Job Title: Dispatch & Goods Out Apprentice (Logistics Associate Apprenticeship)
Location: Naas, Co.Kildare
We are a leading desserts manufacturer known for producing high-quality and delicious treats. As a Dispatch and Goods Out Apprentice, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that our products are efficiently picked, organized, and dispatched in adherence to factory protocols. Your dedication and attention to detail will contribute to the seamless operation of our logistics department.
- Order Picking:
- Accurately and efficiently pick dessert orders based on packing lists or order sheets.
- Ensure the correct quantity and type of products are selected for each order.
- Maintain a keen eye for quality assurance, ensuring only top-notch products are included in orders.
- Order Organization:
- Arrange picked orders in designated areas (freezers) ensuring clear identification and separation to prevent mix-ups and delays.
- Collaborate with the packaging team to ensure all orders are ready for dispatch within the scheduled timeframes.
- Offloading and Loading Trucks:
- Safely and skillfully operate forklifts and other machinery to load and unload delivery trucks.
- Cross-check received goods with delivery notes to ensure accurate quantities and product quality.
- Product Storage:
- Follow the established factory protocols for storing products to maintain freshness and quality.
- Monitor stock levels regularly and report any discrepancies or shortages to the relevant supervisor.
- Dispatch Maintenance:
- Keep the dispatch and goods out area clean and organized at all times, maintaining a safe and efficient working environment.
- Communication and Teamwork:
- Collaborate effectively with other team members, including packaging staff, delivery drivers, and warehouse supervisors.
- Communicate any order-specific instructions or changes to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction.
- Record Keeping:
- Maintain accurate records of dispatched orders, inventory levels, and any incidents related to goods out operations.
- Input data into relevant systems for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Basic computer literacy for data entry and record-keeping tasks.
- Physical stamina and the ability to lift heavy objects when necessary.
Applicants must meet the educational criteria for the LAA program entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g., business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc.)
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Applications in writing or by email enclosing a CV to:
Join our passionate and dynamic team and be a key player in ensuring our desserts reach our valued customers on time and in perfect condition. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for desserts, apply now and help us deliver happiness, one delightful dessert at a time!