DHL Supply Chain Logistics Associate Apprenticeship Program is all about developing our managers and leaders of the future for our Operations. Being at the forefront of the DHL Supply Chain business, our operations are where our people use their skills and expertise to make a difference to our customers.
Contract Type: Full time – Permanent
Total Number of Hours per week: 40
Position: Logistics Associate Apprentice
Program Starts: September 2022
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Logistics Associate Apprentice Programme involves acquiring the knowledge, skills and competence to carry out the core tasks/responsibilities within the DHL Supply Chain business to support the business needs whilst developing skills to prepare for future career opportunities.
Apprentices will experience a range of structured placements across a variety of DHL customer contracts and locations within Dublin, which might include working with customers in our consumer & life sciences, retail, automotive, supply chain solutions and transport engineering, energy & chemicals sectors.
You will be allocated a Mentor who will be a subject matter expert in the field of the Apprenticeship you will be under taking. They will ensure that during the 24 months you will be given the support and assistance you will need to ensure you achieve your Apprenticeship Qualification.
The Logistics Associate Apprenticeship (QQI Level 6 programme) is a two-year programme delivered by TU Dublin, Aungier Street, Dublin 2.
It involves four days per week on-the-job, and one day per week off-the-job in college.
On successful completion of the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship the apprentice is awarded a Level 6 Higher Certificate in Logistics.
What the programme looks like:
- 24 month structured programme
- Based in a warehouse / transport department / functional operational roles – learning about different areas of the operation
- Experience of working within fast paced sites and environments
- A framework of personal development modules
- Regular performance feedback and personal development planning
- All placements are within our Ireland business
Entry requirements. This programme will require you to have a:
- full clean driving licence, as you will be travelling to multiple sites throughout your apprenticeship journey.
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc.)
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- Passion and motivation to start and develop a career within the Logistics & Supply Chain industry
- Willing to take on responsibility from day one
- Flexible in approach to working styles, shifts and roles
- Eligibility to work in the Republic of Ireland for the full duration of the placement
- Must be fluent in English
- Confident communicator – able to tailor communication style according to the audience
- Enthusiastic and open-minded in getting the most out of the programme
- Sensitive to diverse working teams and environments
What will you get in return?
As part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include; 20 days holiday, pension scheme and retail discounts.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities upon successful completion of the program and a professional environment where you can acquire, use and continue developing your skills.
We want our apprentices to build their careers with us upon successful completion of the program; contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business; and give them the opportunity to be a part of an organisation that makes a contribution to society as well as to the world of logistics.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the Republic of Ireland. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.