Logistics Associate Apprenticeship
We truly believe this type of programme will provide Geodis with a valuable succession planning pipeline both for the current and future needs of our business in Ireland. As a company we are guided by our 7 Principles of leadership and our 7 Golden rules one of which is to ‘Recruit, Develop and Retain Quality People’.
Our commitment to this programme is an opportunity for you to grow your career using the programmes ‘learn and earn’ approach in one of the leading global supply chain companies and recognised by IIP (Investors In People Accreditation). You will be joining a company with a local entrepreneurial environment in addition to its global network, training platforms and opportunities at hand from the group.
We are looking for passionate and innovative candidates who enjoy learning and contributing their ideas to their team and the workplace.
While in College (TU Dublin) (possibly virtually) one day a week, we will support the programmes ‘earn and learn ‘ approach.
To support the learning outcome when A Logistics Associate Apprentice with Geodis Ireland we will look to place you in 4 semester rotations across our business which may including some of the following areas:
• Network Management Centre (NMC is our hub for cross border e-commerce)
• Overseas Department (Air/ Sea Freight)
• Customs & Foreign trade (C&FT)
• Road Freight
• Logistics/ Warehousing.
• You will have a mentor assigned who will work with you on a personalised individual training plan to put some of the knowledge learned on the course into practice.
Examples of Responsibilities may include
• Manage an array of partners to fulfill on e-commerce orders from around the world.
• Liaising with Airlines, hauliers, brokerage, and operations teams around the world.
• Reporting on all consolidated movements, undeliverable items, customs holds/ queries & abandoned or lost items.
• Data entry and job processing onto our transport planning system
• Booking and updating jobs and preparing for invoicing
• Build a strong relationship internally with other departments within the group and externally with customers and suppliers.
• Ensuring excellent and timely delivery service
• Communicating with customers on a daily basis both by email and phone
• Update of all systems in a timely manner and with high attention to detail
• Day to day Export and Import Operations across Air Sea, Courier, Road shipments
• Liaison and developing good relationships with our suppliers, customers, and international partners
• Creation of Jobs using our Logistics software package including the completion of accounting procedures
• Booking collections and deliveries via third party transport providers
• Providing timely and accurate quotations to our current and potential customers and partners
• Customs formalities for both Exports and Imports
• To provide excellent customer service to all existing and potential customers.
• Manage customer activities closely while in transit (cross trade business)
• Track-trace shipments-collection and delivery times
• Customer order booking
• Dealing with incoming correspondence
• Leasing with customs when required
• Dealing with telephone queries
• Dealing with haulers, airlines and shipping lines
• Project work when required
• Management of KPIs and daily reports for both internal management team and customers
• Involvement in continuous improvement initiatives
• Involvement in establishing and maintaining SOPs
• Producing Advice for Deliveries, Manifests, and other relevant documentation
• Keeping all filing up to date
• General Administrative Duties within the Department
• Liaising with Warehouse staff and Management on a daily basis.
• Ad-hoc duties as they arise
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed and in line with the department they are working in at the time.
Remuneration : Year 1: €23,000
Year 2: €26,000
Candidate Profile: •Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary
• Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, responsible team-player
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to multi-task and support multiple priorities
• Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle multiple clients and multiple team members with confidence.
• Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Position location: Unit 1 Dublin Airport Logistics Park Elm Road St.Margarets Co. Dublin
Application contact: If you meet the criteria of the LAA programme ( Visit https://www.laa.ie/apprentice for more information) please contact with your CV and cover letter to:
Start Date: In line with dates of the LAA Programme dates.