Caffrey International are now recruiting logistics apprentices under the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship programme for the academic term commencing September 2022. Based in our new state-of-the-art offices in Ashbourne, Co. Meath we are an Irish family owned company that is a specialist provider of road transport and logistics services between Ireland, the UK and throughout Europe.
The company was established in 1939 and has grown to become one of Ireland’s leading logistics companies. At Caffrey International we combine traditional values with technology and innovation to provide efficient, cost effective and sustainable logistics solutions for our clients who range from local Irish businesses to world renowned multinational companies.
- Assist with traffic planning for Export/Import, UK and Europe
- Assist with management of equipment availability
- Assist with scheduling of equipment maintenance
- Assist with customs clearance
- Assist in every way to optimise utilisation of company resources
- Strive to meet/exceed customer expectation at all times
- Trouble shooting, problem prevention and resolving
- Link with other departments as appropriate – Finance, Maintenance etc.
- Work as part of team with all sections of the business
- Undertake any other reasonable duty delegated from time to time
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Eligible to work in Ireland
Applicant must meet one of the LAA programme entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Interested candidates should send their applications by email to