Position: Logistics Apprentice (Logistics Associate Apprenticeship)
Location: Clonshaugh, Dublin 17
Blue Water Shipping is a global provider of all logistics services in modern supply chain management. Blue Water has over 70 offices around the world and is currently accepting applications for Logistics Associate Apprenticeships at its Irish base, Dublin 17.
A strong education in international transport and logistics:
Becoming an apprentice at Blue Water Shipping will boost your career and development by providing you with the tools and training to become an expert in the industry engaged in a team of professional colleagues.
The apprenticeship will allow you to connect solid practical experience given in your daily work with academic studies at the TU Dublin City Campus leading to Level 6 qualifications and Higher Certificate in Logistics award upon completion of the program.
Key Tasks of a Logistics Apprentice:
• Training up to be a planner for road freight below Ireland and Scandinavia.
• Liaising with Clients
• Scheduling deliveries with consignees/carriers/and hauliers
• Booking Ferries
• Giving details for GMR/T2 to be processed by agents
• Creating PBN’s
• Planning loading and reloading of trailers, Inbound/Outbound
• Creating/ Processing bookings
• Quotations/ Rates
• Processing costs on files
• Processing suppliers’ invoices
• Completing end of month costs on files
• Filing POD’s
• Earning a salary while you learn
• Mentorship from an industry professional
• Practical, on-the-job training
• Studies at TU Dublin City Campus
• Obtaining a QQI Level 6 Higher Certificate in Logistics
Applicant must meet one of the LAA program entry criteria:
• H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
• Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management)
• Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Apply with an updated CV and quoting the job title: Logistics Apprentice at and