Position: Logistics Operations Apprentice
Location: Dublin – Grange Castle
Application will close on 22nd July 2022.
Pfizer Logistics Operations
Pfizer careers are like no other. In our culture of individual ownership, we believe in our ability to improve future healthcare, and potential to transform millions of lives. We’re looking for new talent to join our global community, to unearth new innovative therapies that make the world a healthier place.
- Managing the receipt, processing and internal distribution of materials in support of manufacturing operations.
- Demonstrate compliance with Corporate & Government Regulatory requirements pertaining to facilities & processes.
- Maintain and support physical security and cleanliness of all Warehouse facilities.
- Work in a safe manner and contribute to a pro-active safety program (IIF).
- Capability demonstrated for all electronic systems – SAP / AMPS / DOC / Plogs (e-logbooks).
- Capability demonstrated for all equipment and processes.
- Management of equipment through Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
- Co-ordination and planning of daily/weekly shipments
- Ensure transport bookings are made in priority sequence to meet the shipping Plan of Record
- Generation of export documents and ensure they comply with all import requirements
- Manage multiple modes of transport and analyse route nodes to implement process improvements
- Liaise with the receiving site logistics and the transport companies to obtain import booking slots based on transport lead-times
- Manage the in-transit report to ensure key transport milestones are on track
- Input into Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and highlight any critical concerns
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc.)
- Have a keen interest in developing a career within the Logistics Industry
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Work well as part of a team
- Self-motivated / self-starter
- Excellence in systems applications
- Have good time management & prioritisation skills
- Be committed to excellence in operational and compliance requirements
- Focussed on process improvements within a structured environment.
- In order to be considered for this position in Ireland you need to be legally eligible to work in Ireland.
- Please note there is no relocation support available for this position
How to apply:
Make a difference today, all suitable candidates should apply with CV below. We are looking forward to hearing from you!