South Coast Logistics are delighted to participate in the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship Programme for 2023.
We are inviting innovative candidates who enjoy learning whilst contributing to a fast-paced work environment to apply. You must be enthusiastic and looking to start your career in the Transport & Logistics Industry.
South Coast Logistics was founded in 1975 and quickly asserted itself as a specialised Logistics company, serving many industries from the food to the pharmaceutical sectors.
With our head office based in Fermoy, Co Cork, with bases also in Dublin, Galway, and Cork.
Skills & Requirements:
• A keen interest in developing a career within the Logistics Industry
• Excellent level of computer/IT skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-motivated, detail orientated and a team player
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Earning a salary while you learn
• Mentorship from an industry professional
• Practical on-the-job training
• Study at MTU Cork Campus
• Obtaining a QQI Level 6 Higher Certificate in Logistics
• Opportunity to continue and gain Level 7 & 8 in Logistics
Key Tasks of the Logistics Apprentice:
The Apprentice will work between the Administration and Planner Teams to oversee to day-to-day operations of the business.
The customer-focused side of the business with the Administrators, receiving in the daily jobs from customers and uploading all relevant documents and reports.
Then onto the Planning team to allocate the drivers to the jobs and track the progress throughout each day.
Working with the Operations Team, you will follow this full cycle of the daily Transport and Logistics Operations and learn to upload and record documents and reports.
Applicant must meet one of the LAA program entry requirements:
• H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (of equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
• Holders of a QQI level 5 or Level 6 (equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics, and distribution, supply chain management etc.
• Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Leaving (RPL).
Apply with an up-to-date CV and quote the job title to