Forward your career with South Coast Logistics and become part of our success story…
Fermoy, Co Cork
40 working hours per week
Mon – Fri, 8.30am to 5:30pm
One day paid in college (MTU Cork Campus)
The main purpose of the job/apprenticeship:
To learn and understand the key elements of Logistics and Transport within South Coast. Using the knowledge gained from your industry recognised apprenticeship and your practical working experience gained from your mentor, you will use this to become an accomplished Key Account Administrator and become an integral part of South Coast’s operation and journey forward.
Key Tasks of a Logistics Apprentice:
You will be given training and support to enable you to be fully proficient in the below:
- First point of contact and provide administrative support to a dedicated list of key customers
- Liaise with transport planners to schedule deliveries. Advise customers as quickly as possible of any changes to delivery schedule including potential delays
- Assist customers with specific requests and queries, ensuring a timely and accurate response to all queries
- Confirm delivery details for previous day’s deliveries and issue relevant paperwork/reports in accordance with agreed customers timeframes, update stratum accordingly.
- Ensure that all additional costs and charges are issued to customers in a timely and prescribed manner
- Ensure attention to detail on all reports and communication issued
- Ensure that any discrepancies in job notes or instructions are rectified on transport templates
- Upload customer jobs to our system in advance and ensure all specific requests are included on the job details. Update weekly planning sheets accordingly
- Ensure that drivers have all relevant paperwork for customer loads
- Monitor progress of key customer jobs on a daily basis and report delays or other issues to customer in a timely manner
- Ensure that Operations Director is kept abreast of any customer issues or concerns
- Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent Problem Solving, Planning and Organising skills
- Excellent Communication/Telephone skills
- Strong administrative and customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft system
Earn whilst you Learn – You will be paid a competitive salary whilst receiving mentorship from experienced professionals in the industry and whilst completing an industry recognised apprenticeship.
Become part of a company that invests in you. As long as you show the desire to learn and the work ethic to progress, there will be opportunities within South Coast.
Applicant must meet one of the LAA program entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Please apply quoting the job title along with an updated CV to Claire Murphy at
You must be able to start employment before the end of September to start the apprenticeship.