With over 50 years’ of experience in the haulage industry McCulla Ireland Limited is one of the country’s leading providers of Ambient, Chilled, and Frozen logistics solutions throughout Ireland, the United Kingdom, and Europe.
We currently have Operating Centres across Northern Ireland and Ireland with further plans for expansion. There is an ever-growing modern fleet consisting of over 120 vehicles and 200 trailers operating our just-in-time service with sustainability at the forefront of everything we do. We are currently winners of the “Irish Supply Chain Overall Excellence Award” and are “Irish Haulier Of The Year 2022” and collected the “Irish Green Transport Award” for our food waste to Biogas circular economy fleet.
We are excited to be in partnership with the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship Scheme 2023 and are looking for candidates to join our transport team and begin their journey in the logistics sector.
The ideal candidates will want to have a successful career within the transport industry and a drive for further development.
Location: Ballymount, Dublin
• A keen interest in developing a career within the Logistics Industry
• Effective communicator both written and verbal.
• Ability to learn systems and have high-level IT skills as the complete operation is digital.
• Good time keeping and being able to work in a structured manner adhering to timetable requirements.
• Problem solving ability.
Applicant must meet one of the LAA program entry criteria:
• H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
• Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
• Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Elements of the role:
• Meet our customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their goods according to operating procedures and statutory requirements.
• Tracking trailer movements and keeping our customers updated.
• Checking supplier documentation against loads.
• Liaising with subcontractors.
• Briefing drivers.
• Preparing shift handovers and measuring KPI’s.
• Learning all aspects of Transport across the island of Ireland and the UK.
• Full time role & working hours.
• Paid College time.
• TU Dublin City Campus
• Earn while you learn, with review periods built into this.
• Additional Annual Leave (Service Based).
• Life & death in service insurance.
• Certified Training Courses.
• Career progression.
• Additional Company Benefits.
A CV and Cover letter should be emailed to