Who we are
Network International Cargo is a privately owned international freight forwarder. The company was established in 1992 and operates from a head office is located in Dublin 15, with further depot locations in Cork, Belfast, Manchester, Coventry and London Heathrow.
We are a medium-sized company employing approximately 80 people in Ireland and the UK.
What we do
We offer express, tailored logistics solutions to customers in a range of industry sectors, including Retail, Automotive, IT, Life Sciences & Healthcare.
Our core service is the import and export of palletised products between Ireland and the UK/EU – we also offer air, ocean & multimodal services through our trusted partner network around the world as well as specialist final mile / white glove solutions.
Job Description – Pricing Analyst Apprentice (LAA programme)
This particular role touches on several aspects of the supply chain and is therefore ideal for someone interested in starting their logistics career. The successful applicant will gain insight into the areas of customer service, sales, operations, transport, warehousing, billing as well as gaining experience in the skills of buying and selling, negotiation, load planning, vehicle routing – and many more.
You will be a part of the company’s small but growing, Global Solutions Team and will be responsible for providing quotations and solutions to both existing customers and prospects.
Some of the responsibilities of the role include:
- Accepting quotation requests by email/phone from customers
- Communication with customers, suppliers, and co-workers on a daily basis – in person, over the phone and through email
- Compiling costs and responding in a timely manner to any request received from customers
- Monitoring, tracking and analysis of all quotations completed using Microsoft Excel
- Managing the scheduling and booking of orders once quotations are accepted
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills – the ability to work both alone and as part of a team
- Highly numerate with problem-solving abilities
Applicant must meet one of the LAA programme entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics, and distribution, supply chain management, etc)
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)