Job title: Freight Forwarder Apprentice (Logistics Associate Apprenticeship)
Hytech Logistics International Limited are an Irish-owned, independent third-party logistics provider offering a range of logistics services which include:
- Freight Forwarding
- Customs Clearance
- Contract Logistics
- Domestic Distribution
- Technical Distribution
Operating from an 18,500 sqft facility in Rosemount Business Park Dublin 11, the company provides services both on-site and throughout the international supply chain. Full details can be found on https://hytechlogistics.com/
We wish to invite applicants to join our company as a Logistics Associate Apprentice (LAA).
Role (Overall Job Purpose):
- To ensure that the services delivered, meets and exceeds customer expectation, is in accordance with established service levels / procedures / SLA’s and is within revenue and cost parameters.
- Ensure that all administrative requirements are complete and accurate. Contribute to the achievement of Departmental/Product and Company goals and objectives.
Description of responsibilities and Key Tasks
- Understanding Customer Requirements and ensuring the delivery of first-class customer service.
- Planning, arranging, monitoring and controlling shipments/deliveries across all modes of transport through the international supply chain and the completion of all associated documentation (operational, administrative & legal).
- Customs Clearance (additional training provided)
- Liaising with Customers and Suppliers / Service providers.
- Adherence & maintenance of the Daily/Weekly/Monthly ‘Task List’
- Operation of the company’s IT Systems (incl. Azyra, MS Office)
- Timely and accurate generation of Sales Invoicing and timely processing of costs (accruals & purchase invoices).
- Timely and effective response to general inquiries and queries, or escalating if unable to deal with completely or accurately.
- General office duties.
- Compliance with all Legal, Regulatory and Company Standards.
- Adherence to the company H&S Policy and proactively contributes to the maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Provide Holiday/Absence cover when required
Qualifications – Essential
Applicant must meet one of the LAA programme entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
The ideal candidate will be someone who wants to develop their career within the Freight Forwarding / Logistics industry. They must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and a high level of clerical speed and accuracy. A team player who will proactively take on tasks and responsibilities. Commitment to quality and customer service is essential.