HOYER is a world market leader for comprehensive logistics solutions relating to handling and transporting liquid products for the foodstuffs, gas, mineral oil and chemical industries. Currently, the company’s offices in Fermoy, Co. Cork are accepting applications for the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship programme starting in September 2023 at MTU Cork Campus.
Department: GlobalTransport Logistics
Location: Fermoy, Co. Cork
Job Title: Apprentice Logistics Planner
Reporting to: Country Manager
Manage & control outbound tanks on & off the Island of Ireland, including domestic traffic, in a safe & efficient manner.
Principal Accountabilities / Main functions:
- Daily updating of Hoyer traffic management system (Ortec)
- Updating HOYER accounting system (Vista) with all relevant transport information
- Liaising with customers, receivers and HOYER Offices regarding shipments
- Creation and updating of shipments on HOYER systems
- Dealing with customer queries & requests, ensuring requirements are met
- Routing and advising of schedules to sub-contractors & branch offices
- Checking allocation of tanks to export shipments : noting compatibility and customer requirements
- Ensuring that all necessary administration work is completed i.e. Shipment updating / CMR / Drivers Instructions / Shipping Advices / Booking Orders etc
- Reporting of all quality / safety incidents, and initiating investigation of same
- Passing shipment related invoices
- Advising extra costs to customer and entering same information into Hoyer system to permit billing
To carry out duties in accordance with the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 1989 (and subsequent amendments), the Company Health & Safety Policy and the Corporate eTQM System (DIS EN ISO 9002/14001) and ensure that all employees within the job holders’ sphere of responsibility do likewise.
To interact with internal departments/suppliers/customers in pursuance of the stated duties. Spend limit is limited to charter order processing in Ortec.
Applicant must meet one of the LAA programme entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics, and distribution, supply chain management etc)
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and CV to the company’s Country Manager Conor Sheehy at