Are you looking to get experience as a Transportation Coordinator? Are you interested in joining a dynamic company with a strong growth plan?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Coordinator Apprentice in our Technology business in Cork under the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship.
Syncreon delivers tailored, progressive and scalable solutions to premier global automotive and technology brands, such as Jaguar Land Rover, Harley Davidson, BMW, Dell, Xerox and Canon. We supply 3PL and 4PL solutions that adapt as quickly as industry and the marketplace evolve. For over 60 years syncreon has provided unique and innovative expertise in: contract logistics, warehousing management, inbound to manufacturing, reverse and repair, export packing, aftermarket services, fulfilment services, and transport. Today we have 14,000+ employees working in 100+ locations worldwide who enjoy our supportive culture, dedication to work-life balance, people development, and superb career opportunities. For more information, visit www.syncreon.com
About the Role:
How you will contribute
• You will be working in a busy and dynamic office.
• Assign an approved service provider for transportation based on the approved carrier matrix, mode, service level, and cost efficiency to meet the customer’s expectations.
• Proactively works with the operations teams to plan shipments to meet customers’ specific requirements, based on mode, service level, miles, and equipment type.
• Liaise with customers and confirm scheduled & actual pick-up times.
• Consolidate shipments to ensure efficiency and cost savings.
• Work with providers on ensuring Best in Class service as needed.
• Communicate cost-effective transportation options.
• Work closely with the warehouse teams on scheduling and prioritisation of shipments.
• Report, monitor, and analyze carrier performance to ensure compliance with service metrics.
• Meet and exceed the established goals for on-time pick-up and delivery.
• Provide clients with the best overall levels of service.
• Proactive approach with service provider.
• Transport planning, customs and white glove experience will ensure the candidate will get great experience from this role.
Your Key Qualifications:
• Confident, good communication skills and telephone manner
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
• PC literate
• Customer service oriented
• Ability to work to targets and under pressure, weekends and on call
Syncreon offers exciting and challenging roles within a growing international organization. We strive to hire and develop the right people, locally and globally; stimulating personal growth and self-development within an informal atmosphere. We offer a market-competitive compensation package for a trainee.
Applicant must meet one of the LAA programme entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics, and distribution, supply chain management, etc)
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Application contact: Cover letter with accompanying CV should be addressed to