Allmed, based in Thomastown, Co.Kilkenny, are one of the leading Freight Forwarding companies in Ireland. We offer regular groupage, part and full load services to and from Europe, utilising both Trailer and Intermodal services. We are now seeking to employ an Apprentice Forwarder to work in our busy Operations Department.
The job is for a full time Apprentice Forwarder, based in our offices in Thomastown and comprising of 1-day release to TU Dublin, Aungier Street during regular college semesters.
Your duties will include:
- Liaising with customers and our European Partners to create a good working relationship and to provide “best in class” service.
- Inputting shipment details on our Freight system.
- Preparing manifests once loading details are supplied by our European Partners.
- Keeping records of all shipping activities, documentation, etc. for reference purposes.
- Liaising with Transport Companies and Shipping Lines to ensure speedy arrival of all cargo.
- Liaising with our Warehouse & Distribution company to ensure all deliveries are carried out according to our delivery schedules and service offering.
- Communicating with your colleagues in other Departments.
Salary: To be agreed.
Language: A second language would be beneficial but not necessary.
Application Contact: Paul Hoyne – Operations Director.
LAA Programme entry requirements:
• H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
• Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
• Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).