ATC is a European logistics, white glove, and technical services specialist for data centres. Our focus is on anticipating the critical needs of our clients and delivering industry-leading standards for safety, security and reliability. Since being established in 1979, we have continued to lead our dedicated teams across Europe to build strong relationships with our clients.
Our mission is to deliver and install Europe’s data centres with precision and care. We achieve this by focusing on our team and our services:
Our Team – Powered by people to keep data centres moving safely and securely. We recognise that our greatest strength is our staff, which is why we promote a culture of personal development and professional training, both internally and from leading industry bodies.
Our Services – We provide a range of specialised services tailored to the individual needs and demands of each client,
their equipment, and their data centre infrastructure. From managing specialised computer transport, and IT relocation services, to logistics and planning, and data centre commissioning and decommissioning; we adapt our 40+ years of expertise to every situation.
ATC operates in a dynamic global market where clients demand a service that is right the first time, every time; we are
recruiting motivated and driven people to work in a company that is Driving Forward.
The Logistics Associate Apprentice will work as part of a team which plans and coordinates transport routes across Ireland,
the UK and Europe as well as daily manpower allocations in Dublin, London, Frankfurt & Milan. The Logistics Associate Apprentice is linked to the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship run in conjunction with TU Dublin and the Freight Transport Association of Ireland (FTAI). This is a 2-year apprenticeship, comprising of a 1-day (per week) release to a 3rd Level institution during normal college semesters, leading to a QQI Level 6 Higher Certificate in Logistics. The successful candidate will be trained to perform administrative tasks efficiently and to a high standard, in accordance with standard operating procedures. After training, the successful candidate will ensure all queries and requests are dealt with promptly and professionally. S/he will be responsible for the preparation of documentation, maintaining files and completing financial transactions.
Role Requirements & Responsibilities:
The Logistics Associate Apprentice will rotate through areas and functions of the business in a structured way to develop
their skills across the business.
Areas of expertise and responsibility will include:
- Assisting our Planning Team with daily and weekly activities to ensure effective use of resources.
- Ensuring proofs of delivery are actively managed in a timely manner.
- Liaising with the Planning control tower and team to ensure service levels are maintained
- Liaising with clients, sub-contractors, overseas offices and agents.
- Working closely with clients’ supply chain function to ensure schedules are met and are accurately reported on
- Responding to changing customer demands seamlessly
- Communicating with customers and understanding customer requirements.
TU Dublin Candidate Eligibility Criteria
Apprentices must be at least 18 years of age and meet one of the following LAA programme entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc.
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
ATC Candidate Requirements:
Ability to be flexible in respect of work standards and demands. Capable of working under pressure at times and to strict
deadlines. Ability to complete tasks. Resilient and able to deal with changing priorities. The successful candidate will be
required to possess and demonstrate:
- A strong willingness to learn transport planning, document control & record keeping.
- A strong willingness to learn logistic accounts and administration aspects such as billing, quotations and invoicing.
- By passionate about delivering superior customer service.
- Learn how to operate in a fast-paced white-glove service provider – serving world-class global tech companies.
- Be results-driven, with a “can-do” attitude.
- Display strong written and verbal communication skills.
The following qualifications, skills and experience would be an advantage:
- Working knowledge of a European language.
- Experience of MS SharePoint in a corporate environment.
- Academic qualifications in logistics / SCM fields
Compensation & benefits:
The Logistics Associate Apprentice role carries a base salary benchmarked against the living wage index and is a two-year
fixed term contract. At the successful completion of the contract, including the successful completion of the apprenticeship,
the candidate is eligible to apply for a permanent position. ATC provides a range of benefits to employees and apprentices:
- Salary – Benchmarked to the living wage. For apprentices starting in the 2022/23 academic year, the salary is €26,201.50.
- Progression – In year 3, LAA graduates may apply for a full-time position with a competitive industry salary, pension, and other benefits)
- Course fees – TU Dublin course & registration fees may be reimbursed, subject to exam/academic performance, with
- 100% reimbursement for the highest grade, and pro-rata if lower grades are achieved.
- Sports & social club – with regular events taking place throughout the year.
- Hybrid working environment
Training will be provided for all workplace systems and procedures. A workplace mentor together with the L&D
Coordinator will guide the Apprentice through their work placement and provide input into other relevant aspects of the course and career development.
- To register your interest please send your CV to
- For more information on ATC Computer Transport and Logistics visit: https://www.atc-logistics.ie
- For more information on the apprenticeship program visit: https://www.laa.ie/apprentices/