Abcon Industrial Products Ltd is an SME manufacturer based in Cootehill, Co. Cavan and was established in 2005. The Company operates as two distinct manufacturing units. Our Abrasives division serves the industrial engineering (fabrication & refinishing), automotive, woodworking, aerospace, and medical manufacturing industries in Ireland, UK, Europe, and North America. Our Industrial Rubber Hose (including plant lining) division serves the global market in mining/aggregates, oil & gas, dockside & dredging, materials handling in food & beverage and bulk transport (marine & offshore).
The business has grown significantly in recent years with a team of 150 staff and we export to over 50 countries globally.
Abcon is looking to add to its talented team and is seeking to hire a Logistics Associate Apprentice. The Logistics Associate Apprentice Programme involves acquiring the knowledge, skills and competence to carry out the core tasks/responsibilities to support the business needs, whilst developing skills to prepare for future career opportunities. The Apprenticeship (QQI Level 6 programme) is a two-year programme, which involves four days per week on the job, and one day per week off-the-job in college. On successful completion of the LAA, the apprentice is awarded a Higher Certificate Level 6 in Logistics. You may then choose to work within the business as a Logistics Associate and/or continue to further progress your education in logistics/supply chain.
Upon successful completion of the programme, and in return for your hard work, we offer career progression opportunities in a professional environment. You will be able to acquire, use and continue to develop your skills. We hope that our apprentices will build their career in logistics with us, contribute their ideas to influence the success of the business, and appreciate the opportunity to be part of an organisation that makes a contribution to society.
What the program looks like:
- 24-month structure program
- Based in a factory environment learning about different areas of the operation
- A framework of professional training modules Regular performance feedback and personal development planning
- Dedicated mentor
- Fully approved employer for delivery of the apprenticeship programme
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with transportation companies to create a good working relationship
- Prepare invoice for orders and deliveries as part of record-keeping measures and evidence of transactions
- Ensure compliance with customs duties, controls, tariffs, international conventions, and agreements
- Keep records of all shipping activities, documenting procedures, guidelines, and changes in procedures for reference purposes
- Create a safe working environment for yourself and other employees by adhering to safety measures to prevent accidents and complications that may arise during work
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects.
- Minimum of grade O6 in English. Minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level mathematics
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc) Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
What we’re looking for:
- Passion and motivation to develop a career in the logistics industry
- Willing to take on responsibility from day one flexible in approach to working styles, shifts and roles
- Eligibility to work in the Republic of Ireland Confident communicator
- Enthusiastic and open-minded
- Sensitive to diverse working teams and environments
tel: (049) 555 2340