Hawthorn Logistics is an Irish owned, independent, full-service logistics company offering its clients a professional and cost-effective means of moving their goods and products from anywhere in the world to anywhere in the world.
Operating from a 35,000 sq ft, state of the art, facility in Northwest Business Park, Ballycoolin D15 we work across all modes: air, courier, sea, road and warehousing including pick/pack, fulfilment, returns management etc.
We pride ourselves on delivering top-class customer satisfaction through our core philosophy of providing simple solutions in what has become a very complex world and have gained an industry-wide reputation as ‘best in class for the quality of our in house training and development programmes.
We strongly believe that the essence of top-class customer service is to listen to our customers and then design and deliver the solutions they need.
We are now looking to recruit a Logistics Apprentice to join our growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to get a thorough grounding in the industry through on the job training in a busy working environment four days a week whilst attending TU Dublin one day a week for classroom training.
Our philosophy is to produce multi-modal staff who are comfortable with all types of shipment, including being fully trained in customs clearance, by the time the apprenticeship has been completed.
- Day to day Export and Import Operations across Air Sea, Courier, Road shipments
- Liaison and developing good relationships with our suppliers, customers and international partners
- Creation of Jobs using our Logistics software package including the completion of accounting procedures
- Booking collections and deliveries via third party transport providers
- Providing timely and accurate quotations to our current and potential customers and partners
- Customs formalities for both Exports and Imports
- Job Requirements:
- Natural customer service mindset with a passion to delight the customer
- Team player who is a self-starter with the ability and confidence to work on their own initiative
- Proficiency in MS Outlook and MS Office
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm with day release to TU Dublin
Please send your CV together with an accompanying letter to
Within our team, we have vast experience of working in all modes of transport and extensive international experience of working in various countries across the globe and provide an excellent learning and development environment for candidates looking to develop a career within the freight forwarding and Logistics.