We are a leading transport operator in full load road transport services in Ireland and we currently have an opening for Logistics Apprentice/Assistant Transport Planner role. You will be coordinating our vehicles in Ireland as part of our transport planning team managing deliveries for some of the Irelands best-known companies. This position is based in Dungarvan, Co. Waterford, comprising of 1-day release to Cork Institute of Technology (CIT) during regular college semesters.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Receiving and processing customer bookings
• Data entry and job processing onto our transport planning system
• Assist with planning drivers collections and deliveries with the awareness of drivers tachograph hours regulations
• Adhering to Compliance and Health & Safety both in house and advising our drivers
• Booking and updating jobs and preparing for invoicing
• Customer services
• Managing fleet availability for garage maintenance/testing
• Be able to work on your own initiative but also as part of a team
• Ad-hoc duties as they arise
• Good communication skills on email and verbally,
• Good IT skills
• Problem solving as they arise
• Geographical knowledge of Northern and Southern Ireland
• Knowledge of drivers tachograph rules and Certificate of Professional Competence in Transport Management would be a distinct advantage
LAA Programme entry requirements: •H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
• Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
• Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Please send your applications of interest for this position along with your CV to Tomás Horgan at before the close of business on Friday, 7th of August.