Are you interested in the growing markets of logistics and supply chain management? Are you interested in working in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment and being part of an international company? Are you interested in developing your skills further? Are you interested in working for a forward-thinking Logistics provider who offers excellence?
If you said yes to any of the above, we can provide you with the opportunity to grow and become an integral part of our International Company.
About DB Schenker:
Schenker Logistics is one of the world’s leading international providers of integrated logistics services. We provide support to industry and trade in land operations, in world-wide air and sea freight, and in all the associated logistics services.
With almost 90,000 employees at about 2,000 offices, Schenker confirms its position as global player
on the market. Schenker Ireland is one the country’s largest international logistics solutions providers currently operating across four sites in the country (Dublin, Shannon, Cork & Leixlip). Our extensive office network covers all major business centres, ports and airports.
Minimum entry requirements are a grade H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. Other certifications / qualifications may be accepted. Person must be at least 18 years of age.
Logistics Associate Apprenticeship
The person will provide operational support in the daily activities of the operations function in order to provide excellent customer service. You will need to be a good communicator with strong PC skills and a very strong customer service ethic.
The suitable person will have a mentor working with them for the duration of the 2-year program.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Work with carriers, hauliers, overseas offices creating excellent working relationships
• Liaise with customers by taking telephone bookings / mails and informing on shipment status. If necessary deal with minor complaints
• Prepare documentation for orders and deliveries as part of record keeping measures and evidence of transactions.
• Prepare export shipments as per the Export Ops documents / procedures.
• Ensure compliance with customs duties, tariff international conventions and agreements
• Keep records of all shipping activities, documenting procedures, guidelines and changes in procedures for reference purposes
• Ensure all standard operating procedures are adhered to
• Maintain accurate data on our company systems
• Create a safe working environment (safety is a priority in Schenker Ireland and globally)for yourself and other employees by adhering to safety measures to prevent accident’s that may arise during work
• Manage exception reporting and liaise directly with relevant departments and colleagues
• Take Responsibility for compliance with Customs regulations as part of customer booking’s
• Ensure operational compliance in addition to Schenker Ireland policies and procedures in areas such as H & S, Quality, Environmental, Data Protection, HR etc.
This is a 2-year apprenticeship programme (in association with CIT, Cork) where by one day per week will be spent in college learning the theory behind logistics while spending the remaining 4 days per week working in Operations and putting the theory into practice. The 2-year programme will complete with the annual exams leading to a level 6 QQI certification.
This will be discussed with the successful candidates.