Syncreon is looking for a team-oriented Transportation Co-ordinator (Apprenticeship Role) based in Cork who will proactively work with the Operations team in all aspects of our Transportation. The position is full time, comprising of 1-day release to MTU Cork Campus during the college academic year (Mid September -May). Join our expanding team to help drive our organisation today!
Syncreon delivers tailored, progressive and scalable solutions to premier global automotive and technology brands, such as Jaguar Land Rover, Harley Davidson, BMW, Dell, Xerox and Canon. We supply 3PL and 4PL solutions that adapt as quickly as industry and the marketplace evolve. For over 60 years Syncreon has provided unique and innovative expertise in providing highly integrated, warehousing management, inbound to manufacturing, reverse and repair, export packing, aftermarket services, fulfilment services and transport. Today we have 14,000+ employees working in 100+ locations worldwide who enjoy our supportive culture, dedication to work-life balance, people development and superb career opportunities. For more information, visit www.syncreon.com
About the Role:
• Planning daily movement of loads from/to Europe from Ireland.
• Assign approved service provider for transportation based on the approved carrier matrix, service level, and cost efficiency to meet the customer’s expectations
• Proactively works with operations team to ensure the delivery of goods based on customer requirements based on service level, miles, equipment type
• Ensure that the appropriate ferry is taken and that drivers are fully informed of all delivery requirements.
• Consolidate shipments to ensure efficiency and cost savings
• Communicate cost-effective transportation options
• Work closely with the other Syncreon office teams on scheduling and prioritization of shipments
• Report, monitor and analyze carrier performance to ensure compliance with service metrics
• Meet and exceed the established goals for on-time pick-up and delivery
• Provide clients with the best overall levels of service
• Proactive approach with a service provider
- Confident, good communication skills and telephone manner
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- PC literate
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work to targets and under pressure
- Analytical and have the ability to plan effectively and appropriately to the load/customer requirements
Syncreon offers exciting and challenging roles within a growing international organization. We strive to hire and develop the right people, locally and globally; stimulating personal growth and self-development within an informal atmosphere. We offer a market competitive compensation package.
Applicant must meet one of the LAA programme entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics, and distribution, supply chain management, etc)
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). for a permanent position with the company
Candidates chosen to move forward within the Recruitment Process may be required to undergo an assessment and/or submit further background information. Any offers of employment may be conditional on completion of required checks and provision of relevant documentation, in accordance with the applicable local legislation.
Cover letter with accompanying CV should be addressed to