SYSCO OPERATIONS & SUPPLY CHAIN FUTURE LEADERS PROGRAMME IN CONJUNCTION WITH LOGISTICS ASSOCIATE APPRENTICESHIP .
Being a part of Ireland’s largest foodservice provider means joining a team that is passionate about the world of food and dedicated to the growth and support of the industry. Here at Sysco, our wide, national network aims to serve thousands of cafés, restaurants and bars throughout the country that make up our customers.
Though we have always been a local organisation, being a part of Sysco means we retain an international focus that offers our employees the opportunities to learn, develop and pursue the career they have always wanted.
Now, we’re offering positions within our Operations & Supply Chain organisation.
We are seeking reliable and hardworking individuals to join an industry leader that provides opportunities for training and progression to the right candidates.
These are excellent opportunities for the right candidates to develop a career in the logistics and supply chain sector through a structured Third Level apprenticeship programme and on the job training. The candidates will have the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification while engaging in paid employment at the same time.
Over the course of the 2-year programme, all participants will undertake the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship with Technology University Dublin (TU Dublin), experience role rotation across all major Operations and Supply Chain teams, have dedicated study and development time on agreed personal and management development topics along with assigned project work.
Over the course of the two years, rotations will include the following functions:
• Supply Chain
• Operations Planning
• Health & Safety
The programme is open to all graduates, both 2nd level and 3rd level who show the required level of enthusiasm, skill and willingness to learn. The position is full time, comprising of 1-day per week in lectures at TU Dublin City Campus during the college academic year (Mid-September -May). The other 4 days will be on-site at our Dublin Distribution Centre where you will be rotating in placements across the operations function.
• Be self-motivated and prepared to work on your own initiative
• Possess the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality in all aspects of the role
• Must be a team player, yet highly self-driven and ambitious
• Responsive and flexible approach to work, with a “can-do” attitude
• Excellent communication is a must
Applicant must meet one of the LAA programme entry criteria:
• H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics
• Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics, and distribution, supply chain management, etc)
Should you be interested in this position please apply with a Cover Letter and CV to:
Closing Date for Applications: August 9th 2021
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are neither definitive nor restrictive and may change in detail from time to time to meet the changing needs of the business.