Who we are
Network International Cargo is a privately-owned international freight forwarder.
Established: 1992 Located: Head office – 50,000 Square Foot facility in Dublin 15, with further depot locations in Cork, Belfast, Warrington, Coventry and London Heathrow. Turnover: ~€20M
What we do
We offer express, tailored logistics solutions to customers in a range of industry sectors, including Retail, Aerospace, Automotive, IT, Life Sciences & Healthcare. Our core services are the import and export of palletised product between Ireland and the UK/EU – we also offer air, ocean & multimodal services through our trusted partner network around the world.
Job Description – Spot Quotation Coordinator
This particular role touches on several aspects of the supply chain and is therefore ideal for someone interested in starting their logistics career – the successful applicant will gain insight into the areas of customer service, sales, operations, transport, warehousing, billing – as well as gaining experience in the skills of buying and selling, negotiation, load planning, vehicle routing – and many more.
You will be a part of the team responsible for doing spot quotations within the company – these are any price requests from a customer which is not covered by an existing tariff, the business unit is small but growing, and is currently responsible for handling about €1 million per year in successful orders.
Some of the responsibilities of the role include:
- Taking spot quotation requests by email/phone from customers.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and co-workers on a daily basis – in person, over the phone and through email.
- Compiling costs and responding in a timely manner to any spot quotation request.
- Keep track of all spot quotations done using Microsoft Excel.
- Managing booking of order once quotation is accepted.
It is our goal to grow and develop this part of the business far beyond where it is now – adding additional support to our current team will facilitate this growth.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work alone, and as part of a tea
Network International Cargo
Unit 308 Northwest Business Park
00353 1 8222200
Karl.email@example.com / 0871348826