Are you a positive and motivated individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a dynamic environment? Would you like to work as part of a dedicated team that takes pride in getting things right 1st time every time and delivers excellence making life simpler for our customers?
If this sounds like you then we would like to hear from you…
Operations Team Lead
Support the air freight and ocean freight operations team in Cork office based in Ballycureen Industrial Estate.
• Liaise with carriers, hauliers, overseas agents creating excellent working relationships
• Liaise with customers taking telephone bookings and informing on shipment status and dealing with minor complaints
• Prepare invoice for orders and deliveries as part of record keeping measures and evidence of transactions
• Prepare export shipments as per the Air Export Ops documents
• Ensure compliance with customs duties, tariff international conventions and agreements
• Keep records of all shipping activities, documenting procedures, guidelines and changes in procedures for reference purposes
• Ensure all standard operating procedures are adhered to
• Maintain accurate data on company systems
• Be aware of the trends that may affect DHL’s overall competitiveness. (rates / service/ supplier non conformances)
• Create a safe working environment for yourself and other employees by adhering to safety measures to prevent accident and complications that may arise during work
• Manage exception reporting and liaise directly with relevant departments
• Responsible for compliance with Customs regulations as part of Export booking
• Ensure operational compliance to all revenue and international trade legislative requirements in addition to all DGF IE policies and procedures (H & S, Quality, Environmental, Data Protection, HR etc)
Minimum entry requirements are a grade H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in Mathematics. Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, Logistics and Distribution, supply chain management, etc.) can apply for entry onto the programme. Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). RPL processes require the applicant to provide evidence of appropriate past learning, whether that is certified or experiential learning. In some cases it may be sufficient for the applicant to provide copies of appropriate certificates. In other cases there may be a self-assessment exercise, preparation of a file or ‘portfolio’ of appropriate evidence of learning, an interview, and perhaps a demonstration or assessment task. See for example the RPL process used by Dublin Institute of Technology, the coordinating provider for the Logistics Associate apprenticeship.
• Experience in Microsoft excel
• Excellent attention to detail
• Assertive and confident communicator with proven ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders
• Strong customer orientation seeking to meet and exceed expectations
• Flexible and adaptable working approach to work
• Excellent problem solving ability
DHL is a global market leader in the logistics and transport industry. The DHL Global Forwarding division is an air, ocean and overland freight forwarder. We are present in more than 150 countries in more than 850 locations employing over 30,000 team members globally. Our mission is Excellence Simply Delivered which means that we make every effort to exceed our customers’ expectations offering superior logistics solutions enabling our customers to save time and money.
Why Join DHL:
Our culture is built on Respect and Results. At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. As part of our organisation you will receive various benefits including pension contributions, long service awards, social activities, education assistance, training, development and more. DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunities employer.
Cover letter with accompanying CV should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, Closing date Friday 30th of August.