Leatrans International are seeking a motivated person to join our Traffic team as a Logistics Apprentice/ Transport Planner . As a department, we have over 50 HGV vehicles delivering and collecting throughout Ireland, UK and mainland Europe.
Full training provided but a very varied department which is fast-paced and detail is key to success. This position is based in Limerick, comprising of 1 day release to Cork Institute of Technology (CIT) during regular college semesters.
Duties & responsibilities:
• You will work closely with the export and import planners to make sure that the shipping instructions are followed and that accurate documents are received.
• You will also build a strong relationship internally with drivers and other departments within the group and externally with customers and suppliers.
• Arranging and dispatching shipping documentations.
• Ensuring excellent and timely delivery service
• Communicating with customers on a daily basis both by email and phone
• Update of all systems in a timely manner and with high attention to detail
• Manage the costs associated with the transport activities
• To carry out any other tasks assigned to you.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to work well in fast paced environment
• Good administration skills
• Ability to work well independently and as a part of the wider team
What’s in it for you?
• Working towards full time, permanent role
• Staff canteen
• Free on-site Gym and parking available
• Working Hours 08:30 – 17:30 Monday to Friday (overtime may be a requirement)
LAA Programme Entry Requirements:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc
- Applicants may also be eligible to become apprentices via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Application Contact :