Established in 1919 and part of the Denholm Group of Companies since 2012, Hamilton Shipping is one of the leading logistics providers in Ireland. We are now looking to recruit a Logistics Apprentice to join our team in Dublin.
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to study the Level 6 Higher Certificate in Logistics while receiving on the job training in a busy Freight Forwarding office based in Dublin Port Centre.
Training will be given in the following:
• Import and Export Customs Clearance
• Air and Ocean Imports and Exports
• Use of Freight software packages
• Job accounting
• Job creation
• Liaison with Customers and our network of International Partners
• Customs formalities both import and export
• Scheduling deliveries and collections via third party transport providers
• Day to day freight forwarding operations
• Development of excellent working relationships with existing and potential customers
• Team player with capabilities and confidence to work alone if required
• Proficiency in Microsoft outlook and Microsoft Office
• Clear communication in English, spoken and written
• Time Management skills
• Driving Licence
Monday to Friday 9am-5pm with day release to college in TU Dublin, Aungier Street.
Cover letter with accompanying CV should be addressed to email@example.com.