We invite applications to join our team based at our office at Tivoli Terminal, Cork as Logistics Associate Apprentice (LAA).
The position is available with an immediate start, with the successful applicant then to commence Year 1, (LAA) studies at MTU Cork in September 2021
Applicants must meet the educational criteria for Logistics Associate Apprentices. Details are available here.
Who we are:
Eucon is the market leader in door to door and quay to quay container transportation to and from Ireland and the European Mainland. It is the largest container service in and out of Ireland and offers the most comprehensive port coverage and frequency of sailings in the short sea business.
For further details, you may visit our site at https://www.eucon.nl/
Responsible for receiving and handling import/export bookings on a day to day basis with a high focus on quality and excellent service towards the customer, both internal and external. Build up and maintain a good commercial relationship with our customers. Ensure the day to day operations in the Customer Service department are handled efficiently and accurately, with the dual focus of profitability and customer satisfaction.
What the role entails:
- Process bookings, domestic and feeder with accuracy and in accordance with customers’ requirements
- Actively pursue volumes to fill the ships
- Handle customer complaints/questions in a timely manner
- Engage with shipping / transport departments to ensure timely delivery of customer cargo
- Engage with Rotterdam office and agents throughout Europe to ensure timely delivery of customer cargo
- Send daily / weekly customer reports as required
- Ensure customer requests are handled in a timely and professional manner creating and sustaining customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Maintain a high level of customer service attitude within the team at all times.
- Drive overall focus on client needs
- Respond promptly to queries and follow up on all complaints and problems as a representative of the company
- Work with sales departments to support sales initiatives and customer service requests
- Manage customer expectations with an open and transparent approach
- Promote all “value-added” service possible to the customers
- Communicate smoothly with Terminal Operations, Gatehouse and Sales Departments
- Timely communication to all parties involved about delays or other matters related to their shipments
- Propose/suggest/implement structural improvements and savings in all matters to ensure the department’s efficiency & cost-effectiveness
- Take initiative, and drive change where required
- Ensure constant care in all matters
- Language Skills: Fluency in English (spoken & written) is required. Any other EU language and advantage
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Hazardous Cargo regulations is a plus
- Problem solver
- Good Interpersonal and communicative skills, written and spoken
- Commercial aptitude
- Hands-on and pro-active approach
If you are looking for an interesting, varied and challenging opportunity, working for Ireland’s leading container shipping company, we would like to hear from you.
Applications for this role should be addressed to: